Cannot Install CPT CD-ROM
You might receive an error message when you attempt to install the Classroom Presentation Tool on a CD-ROM.
When attempting to install the Classroom Presentation Tool on a CD-ROM you can receive an error message:
Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
You can resolve this issue by doing the following:
- Quit the installer.
- Open the date and time preferences on your computer.
- Right click on the date in the Taskbar.
- Click Adjust date/time.
- On the right hand side of the window, click Additional date, time & regional settings.
- Click Set the time and date.
- Change the date on your computer to October 29, 2017, or prior.
Watch the screen and make sure the time doesn’t correct itself. Usually this can happen after about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Disable the network connection while in the first step.
If you have a Windows operating system (not for MAC users), you will
need to run Command Prompt from the Start Menu and enter the
following: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe”
This will prompt you to select the Installer file you want to run (installer.exe).
- Run the installer again (installer.exe).
- When the installer completes, launch the application.
- When you have ensured that the application launches as expected, update your computer to today’s date and time.